Thursday, December 18, 2008

Reports From Amsterdam

Pepita and I spent 4 active days in Amsterdam. Pretty much every waking hour was spent on the streets, admiring the vibrant culture of this clean and efficient little city.

As always when in a new city, what first grabs my eyes is the street art. In keeping with the focus on clean design that seems to be a national preoccupation, the graffiti in Amsterdam is remarkably respectful and well presented. There is very little tagging to be seen, and a whole lot of colorful murals and elaborate stencils.




Just wandering aimlessly we found some world class pieces from FAKE, Plusminus Produkties, and Ben Frost as well as dozens of reaches by anonymous locals and passers-through. And of course, I couldn't resist the temptation to make a few humble contributions of my own.

As soon as I find a nice speedy connection, I'll post many more photos on Gurldoggie's flickr page.

No comments: